Wednesday, November 30, 2011

why do i smile?

So today I was running errands with a friend and just decided that I would genuinely smile at every person that I made eye contact with. First stop was at a car shop (poor Bruiser is sick). Apparently my dad went to high school with the guy who owned the shop and we had a nice conversation about my dad and what he was like in high school. I was genuinely interested and it was so fun hearing about my dad from people other than our relatives. The second stop was at a car wash. I immediately made eye contact with two of the guys working there and just smiled really big at them. They smiled back and it felt great. Maybe this is the flirty side of me coming out, but I just love the feeling that I get when I smile at someone and they genuinely smile back. Last stop was to Sammy's for a late lunch. There was only one guy working by himself and I was thinking that if I worked alone I would get so lonely! So I decided to just smile and he started talking to us and I'm sure it made him feel a little less lonely. Who knows. Anyway, the point of all this is that I love to smile at people. Sometimes it really surprises them or even yourself.



Because I'm worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment