Monday, December 12, 2011

i'd rather be caught naked...

OH MY GOSH!
I'm obsessed with my life right now. This sounds obnoxious but seriously.
So first of all, 3 more days until I leave Utah!!
I'll be spending Friday, Saturday and part of Sunday in California for my best friend's wedding. Then I go home to Texas on Sunday night. I seriously CANNOT wait. I'm dying to be back home. It's been way way way too long. It's basically gotten to the point where I don't care about anything else that is happening in my life. Finals? Out the window. Kind of. I'm not stressed, I'm just wanting to get everything over with. And I happen to have a new boy in my life. What perfect timing. I know my last blog post was about another boy in my life, but sometimes things happen and your mind gets cleared, very easily, might I add.
So let me just give a quick synopsis of how all of this happened:
First Sunday in my ward, I spot a super cute boy. I immediately call dibs on him (in my mind). Couldn't keep my eyes off of him all during sacrament meeting. Then that Sunday we have a ward social and we do the whole go around in a ginormica circle and introduce ourselves. As if anyone is going to remember anything from doing that, but anyway, I remember him introducing himself and keeping some of his shared facts in the back of my mind. So this was all in August. Throughout the next couple of months all I did was look at him. Creepy, I know. But he was just so adorable! Then one Sunday he accompanied a girl who was singing on the piano. He's an amazing pianist. So I decided to go up to him after sacrament meeting and tell him that he did a really good job. I got super nervous and had to work myself up to go and say congrats to him. I am such a chicken when it comes to boys I actually like. I could totally have a full conversation with any other boy ever, but when I crush on a boy...Holy Hannah. Talk about mega butterflies and nervousness kicking in. So that was our first encounter. Me telling him that he did a good job playing the piano and then running away from him. Months went by, all I did was watch him from afar (still creepy), until one day the most opportune thing happened. I saw him hanging out with a mutual friend of mine! FATE! So I asked the mutual friend if he was single and he said VERY single. At this point I was already dying. Then I asked him to introduce me to him because I thought that he was super cute and I wanted to get to know him. Our mutual friend talked to him and told him that it would be in his best interest for him to talk to me. So he got my number from our mutual friend and texted me the next day. I FREAKED OUT. That's the understatement of the year. I was like crying I was so happy and because I was so shocked. Things like that only happen in the movies, right? I ended up running into him on campus...awkward considering that we hadn't actually ever met in real life. We both said polite hi's to each other but no conversation. Then that night we had a ward social, and we avoided each other like the bubonic plague. At least I avoided him, who knows what he was doing. So I was thinking this was just going to be one of those things that's super awkward and where nothing actually happens because all we can do is have virtual conversations. Anyway, he ended up asking me out on a date to the Nutcracker at a local theater. November 16, 2011. Perfection. I had a great time. Then we had Thanksgiving break. When we got back, we hung out a few times and then he asked me on another date. December 6, 2011. Then on December 8, 2011 he held my hand and told me that he really liked me! I just about died from a heart attack and pure happiness. The famous Temple Square date happened on December 10, 2011. It was perfection at its finest. I was on cloud nine the whole night. The butterflies would NOT stop! I felt like a giddy school girl. I was all smiles the whole night and the next day. December 12, 2011 we walked to the nearest gas station and got hot chocolate. If I could I think I would spend lots and lots of time with him. He just makes me laugh and he's so good to me and is a complete sweetheart. I can't get over it. I'm in major like with this boy. We'll see where things go.


so basically i'd rather be caught naked than be without this boy in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Just read this twice, girly girl. So happy with B and his guts. What a hunk. You are perfect!

    ReplyDelete